Wednesday, December 23

nougat

This is actually a picture of nougat I MADE. I know to some it isn't a big deal but I have never attempted anything like this before, not even toffee. I was really just winging it as I had cranberries and had bought pistassios so how hard could it be. While it is messy it isn't that hard (obviously if I did it!) What would help - for next time- is a sugar thermometer rather than my guess work, and actually rice paper. We had the rice paper rolls (you know from vientamese rice paper rolls - its what you get when you send your husband to the shops). Incase you are wondering, these do not make an alternative to rice paper. Rather they turn into some kind of glass shards on the outside of the nougat - just something to pick off before you start. Other than that it was YUMMY. Here is the recipie that I found on taste.com

No comments:

Post a Comment