Friday, January 3

Chalkboard Style Card- using my silhouette

Seems I'm on a bit of a roll!

The big squirrel needed a card for his birthday and I have been loving the chalkboard signs and thought I would tackle one myself. Sometime in December - when I was "tidying" I lost my cutter mat for my Silhouette machine. It didn't come to light so I order a new one from Craftonline.com.au and it arrived in only a couple of days! Since I was putting in an order, it seemed a good opportunity to try out the silhouette pens - that draw instead of cut. Perfect for this project.

Inspiration:iheartnaptime.netHappy Birthday Chalkboard Printables-via-Nest-of-Posies
I scrolled dafonts for some chalky fonts and banners that may do the job, downloaded them and started creating in the silhouette software.
This is what I came up with:
Then it was as simple as changing the blade to the silver pen (in retrospect would have preferred white but thats ok) and it was off doing its thing!!





Then all I had to do was fold it and cut it and mission complete -
 well almost - also needs lovely birthday message inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment