Monday, September 7

order

...before....


You may already know but I have some .... control...issues. One of these, yes one of many, is my clothes. First - there is a lot of them. But in my defence I make most of them with bargain fabric and hold on to them for a long time. With a high rotation, they don't get worn that often. I found a dress still on rotation that is over 16 years old. So, a little obsession is clothes and shoes.

So, with this little collection obsession goes one of my issues - putting them away. I am quite particular as to how things go away and would rather them not go away, than be in the wrong spot. So, I can live with a pile of clothes on the floorthat I have to sort through and iron from(floordrobe as Julia coined but I have long been practicing) rather than dealing with finding a shirt in the jacket section, or a tshirt in with singlets!

I cannot explain nor really understand my logic, but I am today saying GOODBYE to my FLOORDROBE. What this means is that I have to actually put my clothes away. I can live with my little obsessions:
  • of the hangers all facing the same way- ideally all matching hangers;
  • the clothes all facing the same way (hanger hook facing left when looking at front of garment)
  • like garments togethers - skirts, shirts, knits, suits/jackets
  • garments colour coded from white to black within their section

I don't think this is weird but apparently others do - so I shouldn't tell you that I fold and colour order my undies?

No comments:

Post a Comment