Wednesday, September 15

Thoughtful

I was raving on about the joy of receiving handmade back here and I need to continue more today. I have been sporting today a beautiful handcrafted dahlia brooch today and feeling really proud as I wear it. I got a bit dressed up (for playgroup and kinder drop off) in all black which really highlights the red of the flower.

I am proud because it is handmade. It looks gorgeous and I love the thought and effort that has gone into it. The creative talent is not only sick as a dog, but coping with a 3 year old and a baby (both have been sick) and sleep deprivation. I don't know where she found the time but I am glad she did.
I am so pleased to tell people that a friend made it for me, A new friend, and I don't make friends easily. We met through our lovely 'knitting' group and I am proud to call her a friend. She is so beautiful and kind, generous to a fault and exceptionally thoughtful.

2 comments:

  1. that she is, the brooch is beautiful, perfect for you it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nic you've got me all teary! So glad you like it. It was a pleasure to make, easy to boot and I'm glad it hit the mark. I'm also happy to have a new friend to make things for. Thanks for your kind words. x

    ReplyDelete