Sunday, August 29

Spoilt

This is one of the beautiful thoughtful lovely pressies I was spoilt with. My dear friend Robyn, who is not by definition a sewer. A big and somewhat ballsey effort to make this fabulous bag for my birthday. I believe it to be Amy Butler fabric and pattern which I L O V E!



The bag is reversible, but not only that, when I got it it was filled with more goodies- a tea towel and a knitted dishcloth.


So, not only do I love it - and have had lovely comments when I have taken it places, it has also reignited my love of handcraft. I try to make things, but am never quite sure if they are enough, or will be appreciated by the recipient. Getting this, I really appreciated all the effort that went into it - from picking the fabric (without me knowing!) to choosing the button that just makes that brooch pop. The time and effort that is put into making a gift is so much more, because the recipient cant just take it back, and you really are putting yourself on the line. For all of those reasons I love it even more. It reaffirmed that the thought and effort that you put into something really is appreciated - because that is what I felt. Thank you so much Robyn (& Gill). Sorry I make secret squirrel projects so much more complicated!










1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful gift. what a lovely bag that is so you. well done robyn. homemade is such a great gift and i am glad you have got one in return after all your wonderful handmade gifts you give

    ReplyDelete