Monday, August 30

Lost & Found

Anyone who knows me know that I am never on time, mainly because I always get lost. Seriously, always. Firstly I get my left and right mixed up and my navigational skills are even worse at night because I drive by landmarks - sadly usually shops, 7-11's and McDonalds. So, with these disabilities in mind it is a wonder I can get anywhere!

I had an incident driving to knitting the other week when I not only had a flat mobile (to ring anyone there who could direct me via landmarks and sides of the car) but also no melways (BJ had taken to carrying it around). Lost with no idea even which direction the city was or any idea what road I was on, in desparation I pulled into the 7-11. I didn't know but they have melways there for you to look at. I think he would be surprised to know I did actually get to my destination, especially after I had not only turned the book around but had to ask what road we were on.

This brief life history is leading somewhere - for my birthday mum got me a melways with this uber-handy cover. The book of Everywhere is what Alexander named our street directory, so a bit of family humour there. The book is covered in plastic and inside.... is complete with sticky notes, a notepad, pen and bookmark with a little torch tied to it.

I have studied it thoroughly and plotted the best path to some of my most common destinations - yes you girls are all there!!!!

On a different note - just had to show you something else cool that was another birthday gift. I lvoe babushka dolls and these are drinking glasses in the theme.

Arent they cute?

1 comment:

  1. that melway cover is the BEST! i love the torch, what a genius idea! {shame my melways doesn't even fit in the glovebox of the new wheels, how's that for a conspiracy by the car makers to encourage you to buy the gps software!!}

    loving your babushka glasses too, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete