Friday, August 6

Two for one

I have been a bit slack on my quest for creativity. The big squirrel has been working lots so the parental duties have landed square on my shoulders. Today my mum was company and once we had done the days jobs I was at it.


I got the new Burda yesterday and decided to make this straight away. I am not that fond of it in this picture, but the drawing of it looked interesting and I knew that I had the right fabric for it.


I had picked up this knit at darn cheap some time ago and just didn't know exactly what to make out of it. So it came out of the shed and it was actually very simple. The top is only two pieces and the bottom is a tube skirt. I think it really needs the belt to break it up some and if I style it properly (these are just put on now to show you) it should be good.
I had enough fabric left over that I thought I would make a top. I got this pattern at mums the other day - I was going to make the skirt - but I did the raglan sleeve top instead. Again it was quick to do on the overlocker and has a nice shape. If I was doing it again I would run it in - particularly in the sleeve. I also added a band to the bottom because it isn't very long.
however, I kept it looser as it looks great under the dress! Very 80's but I reckon thats ok. So now I have a summer dress, a winter dress and a top(So not a fan of the photo from underneath! Mental note - tripod!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment