Wednesday, August 4

Thinking about a quilt

Yes, can you believe it. I don't think I could possibly do that in a day. I thought I would start small, so I am planning a quilt for my king sized bed! Seriously I am. I know I have problems. I don't quilt, and have never machine quilted so it will be an experience. The biggest hurdle to overcome will be learning to use a rotary cutter!
I admire quilts and have seen one in particular that I like. I saw this Amy Butler 9 square on Red Pepper Quilts. I like the white in it so this is what I am thinking about doing.
Spotlight had some pictures in a recent catalogue of fabric that was on special and I danced in their like a mouse following the pied piper. I did only spend $50 on all the fabric for the top so I think that is ok to cut up and put back together.
The biggest thing lacking from my bag of sewing tricks is patience - oh and a need for precision. So that is actually two things, and probably the two things most critical for a good outcome of a quilt. This may be the reason that I haven't attempted this before. Oh well, I have the fabric and the pattern - will need to borrow mums rotary cutter and farm out the kids for a day. This fabric is destined to stay in the bag for a while yet!!

3 comments:

  1. wow! never thought that I would read that title on your blog... maybe we need to organise another craft weekend?... plenty of time for quilting then : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... i had to read the title twice, but i'm with you.. i am ready to give the big Q thing a real go... we should catch up one day... with your mums rotary cutter, or maybe jos suggestion sounds like a goos one !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Jo that sounds like a good idea. I think I will need to pack your mum in my bag though!!

    ReplyDelete