Monday, May 26

It's beginning to look a little bit like christmas?

In our family of five, all the male birthdayS (80%!) occur within the two week blocks on either side of christmas - which makes that time not only insanely busy, but also hard to make each event special. I have been talking about Christmas in July for a few years now as many of my girlfriends have found themselves in similar situations. This year I am going to be proactive and do something - even if it is just us at home.

So the search for inspiration has begun and I am surprised how little is around. The acorns all have beautiful embroidered stockings - courtesy of Nana, but I was looking for a little craft to get us in the mood. This is the best etsy had to offer - obviously I will need to broaden my search.

Etsy :: withlovefromalabama :: Perfectly Mismatched Stockings for a Family of Five - Free Monogramming

Some things that I am thinking about are wreaths, the old pinecone classics- which A will be able to manage, but also some more challenging things for me - maybe placemats around the 12 days of christmas. Certainly needs more thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment