Friday, May 30

When the going gets tough - the tough make muffins!

Its been a busy and hard day today.
First I took the twins to visit a friend in hospital. She is pregnant and it is not all going well. She just celebrated her 5th week in hospital on bed rest but both she and her unborn are both fighters and hanging in there. She seemed really well and the boys were really pretty good. I gave her some lovely blue wool to start knitting so hopefully that will help pass the time.
We got home from kinder pickup and all had lunch and the twins went off to bed. With A a bit tired, he watched Snow White while I was working on the computer - trying to do budgets, but that will be another post now. I wasn't paying much attention and accidently "saved as" over my husbands entire business records - our own business - just wipped!! All the IT nerds I knew said there was nothing I could do - so after initial hyperventalation and panic - A and I made muffins.

Muffins are from this book - mixed berry crumble muffins - and they were delicious. Essentially you make the muffin as normal, but only half fill the case - then you add the fruit in the middle, put the other half of the mixture on and finally add a crumble mixture which is butter,flour, brown sugar& porridge oats.


I am no chef (infact my inner chef resigned and took a part time job turning the light on and off in the fridge!) but they were really yummy - as you can see below. (However both the twins also ate the paper so I don't think they are much of food critics!)


No comments:

Post a Comment