Tuesday, May 27

Some days the world is just against you

Today started well - we had some plans. Off to the shops to buy some supplies to make a present for a girlfriend and to buy some food to make dinner and do some baking. It all started well but then the cracks started to appear.







(above images from RedEnvelope)

First was the lack of inspiration - what to do for her. I decided on pearls as I have a great little pearl man. Redenvelope often has some great ideas (http://www.redenvelope.com/) and looked on etsy. Etsy didn't have a heap but I decided to do something like this- with pearls on the leather lanyard so it could be a bracelet or necklace.









We finally all get loaded into the car and get to the shops. My pearl man was all good - with the exception of no leather available. He then suggested that if I wanted to thread the pearls onto the leather directly they could drill the holes wider - which is great - but would take a couple of days - which I don't have. So of to Bizarr Beads. They only had leather pre-cut in meter lengths. So - design change and I bought chain and head pins to hang them off in a modern kind of way.
Off to get the food - collected everything off the list only to get to the register and the disable isles are SHUT. I don't like shopping at the best of time (for food that is) but the whole double pram and three hungry kids just makes it sooooo much better! So, there is this new thing where I can do it myself - no checkout chick. I much prefer paying someone to do this job, but as it is the only space I can get out - so be it.
The system works by scanning and then items go into a weighed bag on the other side. There is a "customer service" person there to help. Any items which are reduced have to be adjusted by this person. So, having encountered this problem once before, I did everything in order, saved my reduced items to last so that she didn't have to do too much for me - all while entertaining the entourage!It is then I notice the small sign. The machines aren't working properly and not taking CASH. (I am trying to limit our spending by operating a cash society - if you have to touch the money you are less likely to spend- not such a fun idea today.) The helpful customer service lady suggests that I need to go back (through the line) into the shop and join another que to get out. I explain that their lack of staff means I can't get out and she again tells me to go back into the store. In an absolute rage I just stormed out of the shop (COLES - now on boycott). Poor A was in tears as he wanted a chocolate milk which was on special.
So, now not in a good mood. Set up sausage rolls for lunch on the little table, go and get the beads to start. Get back to little table to find dog has eaten all little sausage rolls - not very hungry anyway. Pull out beads and head pins do not fit into holes!!!!!!
So, as it stands - no food for dinner, no baking, no lunch and no beading!
Lets hope the tides change tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. yay! does that mean fish n' chips for dinner?... that's what we do when it all goes to sh*t :) A nice glass of cold chardonnay and take-away does wonders for hitting that 'reset' button for tomorrow... I hope that tomorrow is better for you. Jo xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually pulled it together, made my own chicken nuggets and started beading. Having fun too. Thanks for all of your help Nic

    ReplyDelete