Saturday, July 25

Reading

I have a little book obsession - especially a cheap book. I am not a big reader per se but I love a self help or a craft/DIY book. I had a drive with Benji and Spencer out to Dirt Cheap books and picked up another load this weekend. One of the books - which I already cant find - had this great foolproof cookie recipie. I didn't realise it was the classic anzacs, but they really took 5 minutes and are really YUMMY.
Fool proof cookies
150g butter, 1 tbs golden syrup, 1 tbs boiling water, 1.5 tsp bicarb soda.
1 cup coconut, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup oats, 1 cup plain flour.

Melt butter with golden syrup.
Once melted add bicarb soda mixed in hot water - mixture will bubble.
Add bubbly mixture to well mixed dry ingredients.
Mix well and roll into little balls (mine are about the size of a big marble)
Cook in a moderate to cool oven (150-180) until golden brown.
They will harden once they cool.
Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment