Friday, August 7

Disco

You know your baby is growing up when he is busy grooming himself ready to go out on a Friday evening to a disco! Yes, he is all of five and a half and it is already happening. This was a fundraiser at school and actually well set up. Tickets had to be pre-purchased, and the school was split - prep - 2 at 6 - 7:15 and 7:45 -9pm was grades 3 to 6. There was no food provided just water and cordial so they had to take an empty drink bottle.

Being a typical boy, I was concerned that three minutes into the dance and he would have lost his drink bottle - so I whipped up the drink bottle carrier you can see on him. It is really very easy and I think all the family will get one to free up my bag from drink bottles!
I went off to Bunnings to get a one inch "o" ring, from the plumbing section. I thought this would fit perfectly on a standard water bottle. As it turned out, they only had this multi-pack which had a variety of sizes, and the largest one fits the big drinkbottle he uses at school so I did that. This is what the "o" rings look like. This pack cost $2.60.I found some ribbon - this was from a cheap make a belt kit that cost me about 50 cents, but you could make a fabric band just as easily. Alexander needed about a metre, but best to measure your child. I then attached each end of the ribbon to the ring using the sewing machine.

Once done, stretch the "o" ring over the drink bottle. It will be most secure if you place it in a groove. Easy and it worked! The drink bottle came home and he had a lovely time. Now to find some nice fabric to make one for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment