Thursday, August 6

SewJourn Creations

Off to Sewjourn with the van packed with supplies - both fabric and food. It was a lovely relaxing time, but I felt I really had to have something to show for the time away, so I sewed like a woman possessed. We didn't get the machines out until Saturday so we were under the pump.
I was pleased to get these bags done - one for each of the kids. I have been carting these around just cut out for ages. You may know I colour code my kids - for everyones benefit so they each got a denim satchel with their initial on it and each is lined with their colour. I did the applique like this. The bag has an insert in the side and is fully lined. The straps are off some bags the big squirrel got from a job where they were being thrown away, so they have all the clips etc on them. Hopefully the twins will use these for kinder next year. This top is for me! Using left over fabric that has been lying around close to 10 years (I didn't realise it was that long until I thought about it. I still have, and wear, the original dress). It is a variation on a vogue pattern, but basically the idea of the little girls pillow slip dress.
Denim aprons for the kids. Again using their colour coding. I had already done a red one! There are a couple more things to show you, but they just need buttons and a bit of finishing. Very fruitful and a great feeling to get a couple of long term projects finished. (Oh, all the denim is from Darn Cheap Fabrics - they simply have the Best range of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment