Saturday, August 8

Move - e


Yes - my little 'angels' are all smiles here but I think that hat is hiding some horns!
I have been having real issues with the boys of late - at the moment Benji in particular. They both are SO headstrong and stubborn that there is no moving them. We have issues about what they will wear, what sock and shoes. Issues that I never had with Alexander, and now I have them doubled. So, I can kinda manage the dress issue - while I don't like it, I have to pick my battles or else I will go insane.
I know the kids really get rushed everywhere. We are up early every morning, dressed fed and out the door by 8:30. Alexander never had to do this. With him, we struggled to be out by 10am. It was a much more leisurely pace. Then we have to do the pick up at 3:30 so sleep patterns are all disrupted and if I miss the 'opportune time', then there is no sleep and they obviously still really need it. (This may be our biggest issue)
So today we had a lovely morning. Kirsty came over with Eloise and the kids all just played. We sat outside in the winter sunshine and they just literally ran around in the dirt and had really pure play. They left about three - the same time kinder was showing a movie for fundraising.
Timing was in our favour, so I quickly cleaned up and packed up everyone off to the local high school. The twins love movies and it was only $15 for a family - so I thought Great. Well - actually, not so great. We were a bit late, Alexander went inside and was ok, but the other two totally lost it. Benji was screaming uncontrollably and was escaping at any opportunity. I know he was tired but it is just extreme at the moment. He doesn't like new places and really has a meltdown. I didn't have the time to slowly go through the motions and move him into the movie, not to mention the 100 people who were interested in Matagasca 2. (as it turns out, this is really not an appropriate movie for little boys- given self sacrifice and all). Luckily the big squirrel was there and we did a swap and he took the twins home while I stayed with Alexander.
Not surprisingly he got the kids to sleep quite quickly and soundly. Alexander and I walked home which was nice, and we were surprised to find them still asleep. I was even more surprised when they didn't wake at all for dinner etc and they actually slept through until 6am the next morning. Hopefully it is just a phase that will pass?????

No comments:

Post a Comment