Thursday, November 12

Giving

As we head quickly into the festive season, I think it is really important to focus on the art of giving - especially for the kids. Christmas is becoming more and more commercial and Santa just seems to be this free for all that you can get whatever you want from him because its christmas. I don't want my kids thinking like that.
The other day I saw this great little coffee table on the side of the road, which was designed to have tiles on top, but all had been removed. I picked it up and took it home for Alexander. We had a discussion and he is really excited to rejuvinate it and give it to Benji and Spencer for their birthday. We had fun at Bunnings, walking the isle collecting tiles in their favorite colours. Once home we had fun arranging them into a pattern which filled the table. This project has been both fun and a learning experience.


Next step os tp decide how to treat the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment