Wednesday, January 27

Cool stuff - tshirt



Whenever I do something, I usually go a little OTT - case in point for these t-shirts. I need two tshirts to go with some shorts for PJ so I decided to print on some I had bought (I stockpile these when I see them on special for $3-$5)



With tshirt in hand - all I needed was freezer paper, image/design, cutting knife and fabric paint. I was a bit lazy and it was late, so I found pastels designed for fabric as it was quicker than going out to find my fabric paints. Anyway, found this frog image on free clipart site (actual link is lost but there is heaps of free cliparts around) and printed it out in the required size. Using the freezer paper I traced the image on the matt side.



I cut out the image, saving those little pieces that needed to go back into the design.Place the image using an iron. This is where you replace those little bits again. If it is in the wrong place you can simple cool the paper, replace it and reiron it. Just be careful not to iron too much as the design can be difficult to remove. Stick it enough so the paint wont bleed and you should be able to use the design again.

Add the colour - you can see that I mixed the colours a little as the palette was limited

then simply remove the freezerpaper and set the image as per your directions. I was so happy with the result, I did all of the ones at the top - even finding some paint! No doubt there will be more of these!

1 comment:

  1. great job nic, and thanks for the tutorial. i am adding this to my do list

    ReplyDelete