Monday, April 5

Community

It has taken me a long time to feel part of our community. We have lived here for about 10 years, but it wasn't until the kids were born that I even thought about the local community. With mothers group, kinder and school it is really nice to get to know those people who live close.

Today we were looking after a friend and took the kids for a bike ride along part of the local track. They could ride ahead (as we shuffled along behind) as we could see them and it is a popular track with families. We came back via the park where we bumped into some friends and all the kids had a lovely time playing together, enjoying the sunshine.

It is those random meetings that I love about being part of the community.

Oh - here is a picture of the pencil cases I made as an easter present to our friend. I bought three different types of pencils so this was the best way to separate them. The kids had fun doing some drawing.

1 comment: