Sunday, November 20

Fashion Update

Last night we had a year level catch up which was was themed - Stakes Night after the races. So often I make things to wear out and never capture a picture of them, so last night I remembered to get one- albeit after the evening had finished and we were back home!This is the dress that I wore. It is a burnout silk velvet that I picked up as a remnant piece at Rathdowne Remnants. So worth a visit if you need something a little special or different. It has yellow binding around the neckline. It is sheer so I have a petticoat underneath and it all was surprisingly comfortable.
Headgear was a must and this little facinator I picked up in a sale (of course I did!!) when shamrock craft had clearance. When I got this it was fill a box for $20 and it has been hanging around waiting for an occasion, where it finally got an outing.
Finally - this coat. Inspired by Burberry's version of a trench which Kate of Cambridge wore so well - you can see it here - which could do with a press, but I got from Mum for my birthday. She whipped it up as a surprise and it has had a few outings already. I think it will be a great piece when the weather cools down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment