Monday, December 24

the night before

 One of our traditions is a new pair of PJs on christmas eve. I always think about these most of december, but notoriously end up leaving it to the last minute. This year I was at a bit of a loss what style to go with - but I had a range of cotton in spots which I had earmarked for shirts, but was a little desperate so went with it. My darling mum actually whipped up three pairs of shorts while I was off christmas visiting.
I had bought three white tshirts (from big w) with the idea of decoration them. I suggested to the boys that I could applique a tie on them, but they wanted something a little more formal. So I was straight of to How About Orange to get her pdf of this tuxedo front.
I used the silhouette for both the orange and the blue versions as I had some tshirt transfer so these were actually quick and easy. Alexander's were a different colour so I used tshirt transfer paper - but the one for dark tshirts. This actually is a white film which you print onto and then peel off and iron onto the shirt. I adjusted the colour to match his shorts and simply printed it through my regular printer. Then I used my low tech scissors and cut around the edge. The transfer is also on the white of his shirt - unlike the twins - but it is all white so there is no issue. In record time I had three happy boys - who don't want to take these tops off!
 Now the stockings are hung, the lights are on, the cookies are made and out and little boys tucked up in bed waiting for the big man in the red suit to visit.
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment