Monday, October 10

Creeping Up

The kids went back to school today and I breathed a big sigh of relief. We had made it through Alexander's "16 days of Freedom" and now we return to normal transmission.
We started last night getting organised, laying our clothes out on the bed in preparation for the day and this morning we actually early to everything. No yelling, no tv, everything done and out the door with everyone happy!! I returned to get back on top of the paperwork and stuff.
I finally RSVP'd to my school reunion today. It was late because forgot how time slips away. It is really hard to believe that 20 years have passed since I finished school!This time 20 years ago we would have been facing exams having had a mad night out in town celebrating the end of school life. In fact I still have the 70's inspired tights I wore that night in my drawer.
I never understood when my Mum would say she didn't feel as old as she was until I realised I am old. I feel older than 18 as I was at school, but I wouldn't feel more than 25-26 - certainly not 38!! Good grief, forty is looming like a big grey cloud.
In my head there is always plenty of time. I thought I had a chance to get fit and toned, partake in some last minute miracle anti ageing regime and even do something amazing so I had something to talk about. Not to be too unrealistic, but I don't think a week is really enough time. No doubt I will be running late, grabbing something out of my wardrobe last minute and do my makeup in the car on the way there. Some things never change!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment