Saturday, August 3

Fabric shopping

A visit to a fabric store (or two) always gets me out of my funk. Spending a bit of money lightens the load. I take my own bags now so I don't have to hide the evidence and normally just plonk the new stuff in the pile and pretend like its always been there.

Total spend $100. These are the fabrics and their plans....
 This is coral pink heavy weight coating. The beige and pink is for lining and I got enough for a blouse of some sort. I want to make this jacket from Burda which is simple and easy to throw on over things with no fastenings. Both from Darn Cheap and cost around $50.
Mum and MrP had a date at spotlight for some wool for a Granny quilt so at 40% off, I did some fabric shopping. 
 The dark one on the left is a knit which will be a top and a skirt for a christmas gift.
The beige and fluro floral is for me (of course) and I imagine a waisted dress like this one below. V neck option, elbow length sleeve and an a-line skirt. The cream black and green floral is a stretch drill and I imagine a skirt- probably in the burda skirt below.
 This is the other fabric I bought. It is a basic drill with not much going for it as a fabric other than the print which for me is much easier than crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment