Thursday, August 1

Shopping - for work

Today my boss took me on out outing to the Life in Style gift fair. This in one of 3 major gift fairs on this weekend. This particular day was at the old exhibition buildings and the exhibitors were smaller traders - a lot who are making the move from market seller to wholesaler. Most of the 'artists' were at the stand.

It was a massive day. I wasn't even spending my money, but I pretend like I am. There is so much to see and so much competition. It was fairly cut and dry what would and wouldn't suit her shop - but then you also had to negotiate exclusivity in the street and sometimes that is impossible. Then once all that is sorted - the art of what will sell. Colours, prints, quantities, mark up, display. So much more thought goes into it that you ever imagine.

Still a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment