Tuesday, December 8

8th Day of Christmas - Birthdays





Three years ago today, Benji and Spencer came into the world. That time has gone so fast - just a blur. I can certainly remember being pregnant with them - all 52 inches of girth. I can remember the anticipation and anxiety sitting in the ward, just waiting for the nurses to give me instructions. At 35 weeks gestation, both Twin 1 and Twin 2 as they were known, were now breach and the doctor said there was no option other than a c-section. Having experienced a difficult natural birth, I was actually quite relieved not to have to go there again!


So, at 37 weeks we went into the hospital in the morning, and by lunchtime we had two healthy 7 pound (3kg) little boys. They came straight into my room, and as there had been a rush on twins I had two wheelie cots at my bedside, but like the buzzer, they were just out of reach....


From there we certainly hit the ground running and got on with things. I went to mothers group on the way home from hospital, and it has been like that ever since. Now my little babies are growing into real little boys. Apart from the punching and full on wrestling which is going on at the moment, they are really lovely gentle souls.


Benji is such a cheeky chap and what he lacks in vocab he makes up with his eyes. Spencer is Mr Sensitive and always on the lookout for Benji. He is a chatterbox and loves just to be with you. Alexander has taken to the role of big brother and while they are stilll 'normal' siblings, he really does a great job looking out for them. He took great care in making them each a birthday card and was so proud to present the table he had made them.


While it is hard work, and sometimes I can be a real grumblebum, it is a priviledge to be part of your lives, and have the opportunity to watch you grow up. Happy Birthday my beautiful little men.

No comments:

Post a Comment