Friday, December 3

Day 3 - Write Christmas Letter

I am not even sure what this one meant - I don't think it was a letter to santa- I think it was a letter to everyone to go in the christmas card. I don't normally do this but it has been soooo long since I have actually SENT the christmas cards (I normally write them just don't get them addressed or sent) so I thought I would do one of those catch up letters. Either way, whatever it was it didn't get done!
A quick trip to Darn Cheap Fabric, and then a subsequent re-visit by mum who went to buy extra fabric once I decided that the natutical inspired patchwork story that I had bought would make excellent doona covers for the twins. I lent my camera to Mr P who is competing in some auspicious 48 hour film festival so I can't show you.
The lack of camera is also why I can't show you the fabulous time we had at our kinder christmas party - the real reason no letters got written! It was touch and go with the wet and steamy weather we have been having and the kinder is built on a floodplain, but it was on and it was really great. The P & F organised entertainment in the form of African Drummers.
Just to clarify, African drumming isn't usually my thing. If someone invited me out drumming, I would politely decline, however it was really great.
For starters they came with a heap of drums for the kids. This meant the bigger kids (like Xander) could play drums while the kinder kids could play on the equipment and the parents could sit and relax - having a chat and a drink at the picnic. Bliss.
Then, assuming the parents had had a tipple, the children had to go and get their mums to dance in a circle to the tribal beats. As no one can refuse their child, we were all up dancing, shaking and sweating up a storm and it was really fun. I have been on their website and they do childrens birthday parties, hens parties, corporate functions...
Website if you would like a look: www.africandrumming.com.au
A couple of pics from their website due to our lack of camera
This is Shabba who was our drummer - he did have a top on - it was kinder after all.
Shabba

No comments:

Post a Comment