Wednesday, December 8

Day 8 Not Christmas but Birthdays

Today we forgot about christmas. Why? Because my babies turned 4. Today we had birthday celebrations. Yes, more than one!

It started with our traditional present opening in bed...
Followed by a party at playgroup....

Then another chorus at kinder...

The previous two parties were punctuated with a visit from Aunt and Uncle

Finishing off the evening with a family dinner and another go at the candles.

While I was thoroughly worn out I have to say putting it all on one day - as opposed to spreading it out was truly worth it. We didn't eat too much nor over cater.

I just have to mention cakes. This is always an issue for me with the twins as I think they should each have their own cake - but I don't always want 2 cakes hanging around begging to be eaten. In a moment of clarity I thought about cupcakes - these are egg free and dairy free ones. I had the stand and decorated half green with Buzz toppers and the other half blue with woody toppers. The toppers are made using a circle punch on some wrapping paper I picked up for their birthday. So for the pics I set it up that each had their own 'cake'. It ticked my box and fitted the toy story theme.
The kinder cakes were again an allergy issue and we could only have honeyjoys. Decision made - different coloured patty pans and a blob of playdo to hold the candle. Another job done.
By the evening I was caed out! We simply used a left over cupcake and topped it with different candles. I couldn't face anymore cake so we had hot apple crumble with icecream and two happy little 4 year olds fell into bed. Mum however will take a bit longer to get over it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment