Tuesday, September 2

Creative Challenge - Day 2




Todays plan was fathers day cards - but alas that didn't happen. My efforts to be creative and create a creative environment for my children is already proving a challenge - and its only day 2.
Alexander was using textas to work on a workbook, the twins painted their hands and put these prints all over my white (luckily vinyl) chairs. To give them a more productive outlet, out came the easel with chalk. It must have been fun for a while, but the lack the understanding that its only the blackboard they can draw on and I spent the evening picking up crushed chalk and wiping chalk off the walls and windows!
But- even with these challenges - our creative juices still flow. Today we worked in mixed media. Alexander used oil pastels to do a drawing on a canvas that we had previously painted with rollers. He did this while I did some stencilling of my manga eyes on fabric. The canvas is for Popeye for Fathers day.
The other part of our challenge is to get Alexander journalling about all the things we have been doing - however we haven't managed to get the book yet!,.

No comments:

Post a Comment