Sunday, September 28

Creative Challenge Day 28


I know two posts in one day - but we have been busy. Since our drive from the beach we have been talking about these large artworks which were on the Eastlink tollway. I actually really like the giant bird, and the green blobs are pretty interesting too. Tragically I didn't realise the 'hotel' was art until I was looking for these images. I had seen this vacant hotel in the middle of nowhere! It looks normal size, not like it does here, but just skinny and I wondered (stupidly) why you would build such a small building here! Anyway, we were talking about large scale art and sculpture, and decided we shoud do some ourselves.
Rubbish from one of the big squirrels jobs was lying around at home (it is now off to the tip in our new trailer - thanks so much Jim) but we started to build with it. It is a basic house of cards design but worked really well and was effective.
Then we tried to go a bit higher - but then the inevitable happened!






No comments:

Post a Comment