Sunday, September 7

Creative day 7 - Happy Fathers Day


Happy Fathers Day! As usual, any celebratory day begins early in our bed. The big squirrel was very chuffed with his gifts - including...

the card Alexander drew with crayon and water paint and the present they made at kinder - complete with an artists interpretation of 'Dad and Me in Trees', well modelled by bleary eyed Dad!



In addition to Fathers Day we also had a christening (or dedication) to attend this morning. Here is In thegift I made - I call it a name plate, but it is essentially a framed scrap book page. My boys have red ones in their room which hang above their beds. I also made this card last night which I love how it turned out. It was using the clip art found from How About Orange's link here..I ran the card through the printer and coloured it in with pencils and a gold gel pen. It was so simple but looks really professional. Also below are some other projects I was working on yesterday...a dress for a young lady's 2nd birthday. The fabric is so light it hangs beautifully - just needs a zip (and no hem, how great!) The other is the plan for a patchwork bag from a recent Burda Magazine. It looks like a good way to use up some scraps - but that will be a while off. Just drafting the pattern has been on my to do list for a while. Enjoy your day!!

1 comment:

  1. wow you are on fire !!
    i'm impressed and envious at all your creativeness.
    big squirrel looked like he was very proud and happy !!
    see you soon
    nay

    ReplyDelete