Monday, September 8

Creative Challenge - Day 8 WIP




These have been a work in progress for some time now and I finally cut out the stencil to paint them.


I had been planning to fill them with linseed to make them into a heat pack, but after a microwave accident involving said seeds and a now critical tupperware container - I am a bit off that idea. I stumbled onto this at Skip to my Lou which has made me rethink my design.

This shows the progression so far - the first has no filling, the second has rice filling (as a cold eye pack) but I don't like the eyes or the highlights. The third is getting there but there are a couple of refinements I want to make. Ultimately I would like it to go in the microwave so I will have to go back to the linseeds, but you may have seen the Amy Butler eyemasks on Skip to My Lou, and they had a inner case that came out. I am thinking along this line as the satin gets dirty, and then I can do the highlights from crystals. The other thing I may do is put sleeping eyes on the reverse side - not sure yet. Finally, they do look a little weird on, they are meant to be Manga eyes, which are always oversized but they may need eyebrows to reference them, so there may be an increase in size of the mask. Finally I need to put the filling into pockets - like a doona - otherwise they have a tendance to pool in some areas, leaving no filling in the other. But at least we have something to show so I am making headway!

No comments:

Post a Comment