Wednesday, May 13

Birthday Boy


Another birthday - we are at that time of the year for us. In the family we have two clusters of celebrations - May and December/January. And here we are at number 2 out of 3, for my brother. Because I am the only one with children, it is easier to have things at my place than to go out anywhere.

As we don't go out, and it is his birthday, he had the choice of meal - however this is salt and pepper squid. Nice but troublesome to make. Then this morning, Mum calls to tell me two extras are coming!!!! So, dinner has gone from a kitchen table affair to a proper dining room affair - and the painters are still around!!!!!!!! Mad cleaning, frantic shopping and moving junk - projects and papers away anywhere. It will take me weeks to find everything, but the house is tidy and we have squid and a recipie.
As it turns out, it is quick and easy to make and the night went off without a hitch. He loved all his pressies - I loved this bag we got him and so did he - so retro. A really enjoyable evening, but I should start preparing for next week now! Happy Birthday Mr P

No comments:

Post a Comment