Saturday, May 2

Hard work

Somedays it all just gets a bit hard. The big squirrel works a lot - I mean a lot. It is hard work and when he gets home he is tired. I get that. But, I think that I work hard too. Caring for three children is hard work, and throwing twin toddlers into that mix just doesn't make things any easier. They are big boys, active boys which makes the job very physical too.
In my whinge /venting, I am thankful for my boys and I love them dearly, but sometimes I would just like a little time for me. A toilet stop either by myself, or if I am lucky enough to be alone in the tiny stall, not to be worrying what on earth they are up too - either someone is screaming or it is that earily quiet that you know they are up to something really bad.....you know that sound.
Today what has really pushed me over the edge is that I feel like I am an afterthought. Kind of losing my identity as a person. In the hustle and bustle of it all, I just become Mum - not a person, no feelings, just a machine. And I dont like it. I will tell the big squirrel - when he eventually gets home - if he's not too tired.........................................

1 comment:

  1. you will never be just a mum. you are an amazing friend, wife, mother, daughter. and oh so talented. i wish i had a 1/10 of your creativity. i am so thankful of our friendship. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete