Thursday, October 22

A first

I was having trouble making my knitted doll look comfortable in her box so I decided to make her a little blanket and pillow. Even though it is getting a bit OTT, I have actually spent nothing on this gift - just using things I have around the house.
I went to my cotton stash and started cutting some random little squares and then worked out the layout for the quilt. My first quilt - and infact my first patchwork. I am a patchwork virgin!! I do know that I am 'rotary cutter challenged' so I cut the squares by hand and they were kind of sqare and similar in size. This really didn't help my cause but I got around it. I then found some wadding which was the right size and simply bagged it out - eliminating the need for binding - much too fiddly for my late night mission.
The pillow is just patchwork, but the quilt had both in the ditch and diagonal stitching. I didn't take it too close up because I don't need critical eyes, however I was pretty happy with the outcome for my first time! Now she looks comfortable in her bed, rather than a shabby old box. I also added a sheet.
Hopefully Alexander gets invited to a few more little girl parties because I had too much fun doing this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment