Friday, June 18

As you wish

With Dad away, I moved the furniture, we got in our pjs as soon as it was dark and had movie night. I h ave been waiting to share my favourite movie with the boys, and since wooden spoons had been flying all day as swords, I knew tongiht was the night.
If you have not seen this movie you have been missing out. It is one of the classics - with dialogue packed with double meaning and the best ever sword fight with Mandy Pitinkin who is brilliant in this.
From a childs point of view there is a happy ending and no one dies - there is a big of blood when from the oversized rodent (oh he died but really an oversized rodent who couldn't be happy about that?) and a very young Fred Savage (early Wonder Years).
When I was looking for a picture to share, I found this website that reminded me of a few other - Flight of the Navigator, Goonies and The Labyrinth. More movie nights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment