Saturday, June 19

Winter Solstice

To celebrate the solstice we dressed warmly and headed off to the Collingwood Children's farm to watch the bonife - me, the kids and about 5million of our closest mates all with a pram or two! I wasn't expecting so many people and so much mud! We got a magic park and the weather was nice so I thought the gods were shinning on me. The big Squirrel met me later so for a good hour and a half we were confined to the 80 cm of tablecloth fabric I had bought from Ikea to make bags out of. If we moved we lost our spot - and as it was people were still walking all over us so we got our sausage and stayed put. The boys were so good and when we eventually found dad and the boys danced to the beat of the african drums when finally the fire was lit.
As you can see we were well back, but even at this distance this massive fire was hot. I was thinking about those people at the front must be toasting like marshmellows.
So, I was underwhelmed but hte boys had a blast. They got to go out, eat dinner outside and see a fire - so in a way it was a success but I will certainly do it differently next year and have more of a celebration.
(The boys got lightsabres - which the loved)

No comments:

Post a Comment