Sunday, June 13

Where have I been?

About 1992 - well thats what it feels like without a computer. I unwittingly let a virus into my laptop, one of those 'antivirus' ones and I couldn't get past it. I reduced my pc usage and started using the 'old' computer until that too began to show signs of bugs.
Off to the local computer man, who could fix the old one - but the main computer is still in computer hospital - awaiting a transplant. However what I thought was my "good" computer is actually pretty old and to date there doesn't seem to be a compatible donor so it may be off to computer heaven. Luckily the doctor managed to save its soul.
So I feel like I am on the LOST island and have been transported back to the early 90's. No computer and the fashion is eerily similar - I just have more wrinkles (& 3 kids!). I have been slogging away with my other work - and handwriting invoices with paper duplicates. (Of course now the carbon is in the paper, sooo modern)
It is amazing how much society relies on the internet. I felt lost without my daily internet fix, but also things like checking if a transaction has gone through, or a simple email. Not to mention the companies that assume you have internet. At the same time as computer meltdown, I was reorganising my connections and kept being redirected to websites. No one is able to talk to you anymore - even if they have the website infront of them!
As I come back to the naughties - on a computer from the last century - things are a little slower but I will try to up date you as we go.
I'vr missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment