Wednesday, June 2

Play Dough

Further along my quest for a quieter and calmer existance, we made play dough today and I also learned a great trick- you dont actually have to cook cooked play dough!
I know it sounds stupid, but instead of cooking it you use boiling water and that activates everything and it isn't sticky and seems to last well too.
Here is the recipe: (and you can reduce the proportions)
2 cups plain flour
4 tbls Cream of Tartar
2 tbls Cooking Oil
1 cup Salt
Food Colouring
2 Cups Boiling Water
I simply mixed the dry ingredients and found that the colour was better if I added it to the boiling water. Then you simply add the water to the dry ingredients and mix. I found it best to then flour the bench and kneed it until it was the right consistency.
I made 4 colours in 1 cup of flour batches which was a nice size and we all had fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment