Tuesday, June 28

Presentation

Alexander has joined Joeys. It is a junior level of the Scouts Movement, which starts with Joeys, Cubs and then Scouts. He really loves it. I mean really. It is the first time that he has found something that resinates with him. Usually he just 'goes along' rather than being an active participant.
I wasn't involved in guides or scouts when I was younger, so I can only go on what I have seen - and it is all good. It is really teaching the kids old-school skills and values. They have played games, learn about camping, compasses and nature. The first badge they have been earning is Caring and Sharing and over the term they have completed different elements which contribute to gaining the badge. A very pleased Alexander with his first badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment