Friday, July 1

Choices

It is always funny how your perspective effects your choices. Personally, I would prefer choices to be taken away from me as I tend to over think things and worry over the smallest thing, where if I just let it roll it would probably work out fine.

Xandy had a free dress day today so I let him have his choice of what to wear. He came out in his school shorts (yes its winter) and very proudly wearing his new Joey Scouts top- complete with badges.

I have to admit I struggled with this, but let it go. I was worried he may get teased or picked on, particularly by older kids. But, I held my tongue and said nothing and wished him the best for the day.

Turns out this was the best thing I could have done. He had a great day. Everyone made a fuss of his top and are interested in hearing more about Joeys and maybe joining. Basically, the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. Seems mother doesn't know best (well not always!)

No comments:

Post a Comment