Monday, July 15

Frocking Up

I am off to a Ball on Saturday. It is for Xandy's footy club - a bit of a fundraiser and the dress code says formal. I have a choice of formal dresses, but I got a photo from last year to see what they wore - and it was full on black tie. The real deal. No risk of being overdressed! So with this new information - I was off to the fabric store to go all out!
 Both of these fabrics are from Darn Cheap in Glenhuntly. The black is a tulle with small sequins of black and gold. The other is a cream tulle which is much more heavily beaded and with a cream cording. I couldn't decide so I got both!
 I got 2.5 meters of the black which was only $40/m and 1.6 of the silver at $50/m.
 I envisioned the black dress long in this pattern. I also bought some heavy weight black satin with some stretch to line it with.

The silver I plan a short dress with a scalloped hem. I was thinking a Gatsby style dress, loose fitting like a tshirt style dress. I have georgette to line it with to keep it light. I just couldn't decide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment