Sunday, November 16

Market and Coffee

With the big at work today, I thought I would venture out to Matilda's market. So we were all packed in the car and off we went. I had to use the double pram today - or else I could have easily wandered off with someone elses kids, and Alexander was a great help. We saw Aunty Cookie and OneGirl who I hope had good days. Sadly we didn't buy anything as I couldn't get close enough, also I was only killing time, not really in a shopping mood. So after a quick round of the market, we crossed the road for a quick coffee at Georgios. As it was a baby and kids market, there were heap of prams there, so we settled for a table in their outside area and I thoughtfully folded the pram to make space while we all sat at the table.
Our coffees came quickly and we all drank them happily. They were all so well behaved and I could feel people looking and admiring. I have pens and books in my bag to help pass the time while I finish my drink. The time came to leave and I gave my bag to Alexander (fatal mistake) to hold while I unfolded the pram. As the pram was opening I heard a crashing sound. Not one of the boys, not cups or cutlery but the entire contents of my bag splattered across the floor of the restaurant. Pens, two tubes of glue, books, tampons, coins, dirty tissues and all the bits and pieces that rattle around in my bag exposed. Not only this but I have three kids on the loose. I scurry to clean up but other are all to quick to offer to help. I just dont need other people helping load the contents of my life back into my bag. If ever you witness such event - look after the kids and let the poor embarrassed woman salvage some shred of pride as she shoves all the crap back into her bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment