Friday, January 2

Create




Another productive day today. A bit of background first, Alexander is still in the thick of his Ben 10 phase, and his PJs are some satin boxers and a light (ben10) t-shirt. He has a small dressing gown, but wont wear it. I suggested if I made a Ben 10 one, would he wear it, and he said 'Absolutely'. So when I was at Spotlight yesterday, I found some green terry towelling and also some white. I had a terry towelling dressing gown when I was little, and I thought this would be great for Ben 10.
I went through the pattern books and while boy patterns are really hard to find, it is even harder to get a size bigger than a 6. I found this one which would do the job and the pattern is actually quite big. Alexander is generally wearing a 6 now, and we only needed the medium which was still generous, however I made the length a large size.
Looking at the reference picture, I needed white stripes on one arm and one down the side front. Initially I tried to appique this one, but the terry slips and puckers so much that it looked awful. So I ended up piecing it in. Mum had made a badge for his jacket for christmas, and this was a spare one. She machine embroidered the 10 on black interlock. The end result is a very happy little boy who will actually wear his dressing gown on these unseasonal summer mornings.
And not to be forgotten, I did a bit of UFO sewing (UnFinished Objects) This dress has been cut out for a while but was down low on the list. The fabic was a little bargain from Darn Cheap Fabrics. The Vogue pattern is very easy, but is quite little. I had to let the seam out of the waist piece because I couldn't do it up. With a few minor adjustments it is ready for an outing.
.






1 comment:

  1. i love your dress its gorgeous. my goodness you have been busy this year all i seem to be doing is chasing my tail !!! at least i have almost caught up on this blog !!
    see you soon hope you r feeling better

    ReplyDelete