Friday, January 16

The night before...

As you can imagine, it has been a bit hectic around here- getting everything organised for not only the party tomorrow, but also Alexanders actual birthday. The space suits are finally finished, and each is packed in its own named draw string bag. This was a good idea at the start, but I was seriously regretting it today. The idea is they can either pack their clothes in them, or wear them as backpacks at the party - we'll see what happens. Also, another great $2 shop find was plain white caps. I had intended to make astronaut helmets out of paper maiche but even I realise I have already gone over the top as it is. I printed out an additional nasa badge and stuck it to the caps - they are actually really nice caps. I also had to sort out the backyard. We are planning to use the trampoline again, last year it was transformed to a pirate ship, this time zero gravity. I wanted helium balloons inside so we needed to put a roof on top. As we cant predict the weather, I bought some shadecloth from bunnings and Paul attached it with cable ties. As an aside I can recommend this to anyone who has a trampoline with sides- it reduces the heat inside the trampoline but keeps birds and leaves etc out of it - I don't know why we didn't do it earlier. Then my ever crafty brother got to work with the lights from ikea. These are christmas stars that I bought on special in their sale. As the party is during the day, he has wrapped the back of the trampoline in navy lycra that I just had lying around. (dont ask!) This is it at night - how great does it look - shame the party is lunchtime!
The other challenge was the rocket to get into space. With much reluctance, mum brought her tent over, and this was just the right size - and saved us a lot of mucking around trying to build one. Now lets just hope for a fine, not too hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment