Tuesday, January 20

more space party- food

Food is an important part of any party, and as our was over lunch time, I wanted to make sure they didn't eat a load of junk. There are also some kids with alergies (to egg and dairy) and some fussy ones, so I didn't want anyone to feel left out. Finally, I wanted it to fit within the space theme. So with this in mind I set my menu.
The first was a moon pizza. This was an activity as well. Each child was given a silver tray (shown below) with half and english muffin in it and I put out pizza toppings for each child to make their own pizza - tomato sauce, cheese, pineapple and ham. They enjoyed doing this and usually will eat something they've made. Each was named and put in the over. Once they were sitting at the table, the other food was brought out -
- fairy bread made with dairy free spread and cut into space shapes with cookie cutter
- chips which were dairy free (although the cheese balls were an exception)
- the space melon. I had covered a watermelon with tinfoil and scooped out the inside melon. The lid was also covered in silver. Inside I had used mum's all balling tool to make little balls of honeydew and watermelon as well as cantaloupe.
- Rocket ship dogs - were simply little skinless franks in bake at home rolls.
- for drinks the kids had the choice of pop-tops in apple or apple blackcurrent juice and we refilled them with water - these are great because they save on spills.

The cake was the same as the invitations. Half of this was a basic slab cake that I bought from the supermarket. ( I was sewing there was no time for baking!) The fire is an egg free, dairy free recipe that I found on the internet. This was a great recipe, easy and actually tasty - and a great standby for any time you don't have either eggs or milk and need to do a cake - I'm sure you could also alter it from chocolate.

Dairy Free Egg Free Chocolate cake Recipe
Ingredient
185 g flour
3 tblespoons cocoa
250g sugar
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
15 ml white vinegar
90 ml oil
250 ml water
1 tsp vanilla essence

Directions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine liquid ingredients. Add liquid ingredients and stir quickly. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before turning out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment