Wednesday, January 28

Growing up too fast

Yes -- a rather decorative way to display toilet paper. I like to call this a toilet rose - what do you think? Pretty tragic that this is the only place I get flowers! One of the current obsessions of the twins is the toilet. Benji is intent on toilet training (much to my dismay) and Spencer doesn't want to miss out. We have nappys strewn around the bathroom and fights over who is sitting on the toilet. Benji is actually doing pretty well and when Alexander is off to school and the weather is a bit cooler, we may get serious with it. However I could live without the toilet roses.
Spencers language is progressing very quickly too - not to any prodigee level, just "special" things, like calling me by my first name, and recognising and naming both Ben 10 and Starwars. It all gets in my osmosis, but they are quickly turning into those kids I hate. Not that I hate my kids, but I remember when I first too Alexander to kinder and he had been cocooned from all of those things and didn't understand what the other kids were talking about. These other kids usually had older siblings. Now it is my two little monkeys who will be those kids and while I don't like it, there is really little I can do about it. Maybe I can decrease it a bit when Alexander is off at school?
Finally, speaking of growing up quickly, we got a growth chart for christmas, and once I got around to putting it up I measured Alexander. That was the 12 of Jan, and today I measured him again and he had grown 2 centimeters! I double checked because you would almost see that kind of growth, but he wasn't even on tippytoes. No wonder he's been hungry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment