Friday, January 9

Cut it out


As you know we are having a space themed party for Alexander's 5th birthday and we are getting the preparations underway. Rather than pressure everyone to find appropriate costumes, I am pressuring myself and making one for everyone! I know it sounds stupid, but I got some poplin on special and am making white overalls for 10 kids. So today while the exhausted little boys slept, mum and I cut out 10 space suits with a pattern from an old burda. I also found that i had 10 matching zips that I got dirt cheap from theos. While it takes a bit of time and organisation, it is cheaper than buying the white coveralls and I get to have a bit of fun too.
Speaking of fun, I HAD to go to spotlight to get some silver fabric for backpacks and found their clearance rack. In addition to the silver fabric (yes I did manage to get what I went for) I came home with three additional rolls- one track and field, one of terry towelling and one interlock/lycra of a very alien colour in our house - a pink print. I thought maybe something for me (PJ's) or put it in the stash for future presents.

1 comment:

  1. wow
    you are so clever. i wish we were coming. have a great day and i hope all goes well, you are soooooo inspirational.
    see you wednesday

    ReplyDelete