Wednesday, January 5

Christmas Cards Recycled

I took down the christmas cards today - yes even those from last year still decorating the hallway, and then I am left with a big pile of cards. Guiltily I always keep the cards because they are too good to throw away and I might use them for something. Guess what - I don't. The only thing I used them for is taking up precious space. This year I thought better. I got out my paper punches- I have three different sized and with the help of my little minions, proceeded to cut holes in all the cards. Some cards made lots of circles - some only one around a bell or a bird (cant believe people still have those cards!)
My result...a much smaller pile of usable christmas circles. My plan is to put these with the christmas craft stuff and use them for gift tags, making our own cards or even creating a garland. The best bit - with the exception of some much needed storage space - is I feel totally guilt free!
(I dont cut up any photos of children nor cards my boys have made - still have to keep some things)

No comments:

Post a Comment