Wednesday, January 12

Placemats

These are placemats I made for the twins. I still owe Alexander one but his needs to be different - more writing and less pictures. It was funny how this happened because I had an idea about picture chore charts and these placements came to mind.
The boys are in 4 year old kinder this year and there are a few things that they will need to know before school and I have tried to incorporate a few things into this.
They are double sided A3 and laminated. One side is for the morning and one for the evening.
The morning has their first name so they can begin to learn this - the evening has both names.
I have drawn in where the cutlery goes and wish I had mentioned left and right somewhere.
Along the bottom are the jobs for the kids to do - to give them a bit of responsibility. The morning is about getting up and going for the day and the evening is the wind down routine.
Other information is the alphabet, numbers and colours. They really like them and look forward to using them which is the most important part. Now to design one for the big boy!

2 comments:

  1. they look great nic, you have inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO awesome. My immediate reaction is to make one for S. Such a good idea. You're an amazing mum. x

    ReplyDelete