Monday, January 3

Dust off the machine

I bought all of this nautical fabric before christmas. It was cheap (43.95/m) so I got a range to make quilts for the twins. Once I got home and the bargain euphoria had worn off I remembered I don't make quilts - but the fabric would make excellent doona covers. So much so that Mum went back and got some more to do the covers for the beds in Xandy's room. I did start them for christmas but they are still half finished in a pile.
One of the fabrics was this wave one which reminded me of the Japanese woodcuts. It doesn't fit to the doonas but I thought it would make great boardies. So today (with the big squirrels birthday tomorrow) I set upon my task.
This is a boy and man pattern - 5581. I had enough fabric to do a pair for both the big squirrel and Xander. I changed up the pattern a bit - less pockets, shorter legs and some contrast white cotton.
I did get them finished - well I was still sewing at Midnight but they are finished! All the decoration - the binding and the white around the top and the zip are so much more hard work than whipping up a simple skirt or knit dress. This reminded my why I tend to buy the boys clothes!
He did appreciate them though - now I have to make another pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment