Sunday, October 26

Machine Embroidery

I love my boys, but I love more that they like a long sleep in the middle of the day. I get to do some sewing in the light! I am using my machine more now (mum has one and all the software so I am used to it) A friend of a friend needed a scarf copied for their second childs christening. Although it needs an iron, I was quite happy with how this came out. There was lots of cutting and pasting with the designs as nothing ever seems to be quite right.
It wasn't that long a sleep, but I got the embroidery done for these eye masks. I started sewing after they went to bed. This pair of masks is for a girlfriend who is getting married. She lives in the US and is coming back home to get married before returning. We are just going to go to the church to have a look but I wanted to give her something. I got some black and cream silk from Darn Cheap fabrics and embroidered the Mrs and Mrs on one side. I ironed on some wadding to both the front and the back which gives them some nice stability. The ties are simply made from the fabric. They are nice and soft and I thought they would look cute on the flight home - I certainly hope they are not needed before then!! They are not quite finished yet - a bit of handsewing - but that can be done at craft night tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment